Supply chain is broken
The challenges of the past year are still having a heavy impact and continue to occupy us to a great extent. In the area of material costs, we are seeing a slowdown in momentum to some extent. Some of the material supply has improved from minus 3 months to minus 2 months. Unfortunately, this trend does not apply to FPM and HNBR. FPM is hardly available any more. Production lines are fully booked until the end of 2022 due to the very high order backlog.
In addition, all logistics partners are reporting significantly longer transit times for sea and air freight. Containers are not being loaded onto the booked ships due to "blank sealings" in Asia. Due to congestion at many ports, the loading capacities are exceeded.
This has the following effects:
- Delays of 14 - 20 days are the rule
- Extension of pure sea freight times from 6 weeks to 12 weeks
- Transit time Asia-Hamburg is approx. 5 weeks
- Delivery time Hamburg-Illertissen is approx. 4 - 5 weeks.
- Results in a supply gap of approx. 6 - 8 weeks
In order to comply with our duty to inform, we have informed all our customers. We are open to possible solutions and grateful for any kind of help.