It's a similar story with the customer-specific cassette seals.
Self-contained, pre-lubricated and with multiple sealing lips, these seals form a kind of labyrinth of seals. The actual sealing lip runs around a processed running surface in the inside of the seal, meaning that there are fewer demands placed on the shaft seat. The use of different materials for the component has increased the temperature load by 26% to 108°C, which has impacted on the service life in equal measure.
Facts and figures
- 26 % increase in temperature stability
- Labyrinth of seals for high levels of leak-tightness
- All sizes and specifications are possible
- Low demands in terms of the rotor shafts
- Good, simple handling for replacement and repair